Given that I have just finished & handed in (on Monday & Tuesday respectively) my final digital learning course assignment (on use of blogs in science) I thought it might be a good time to consider why I started and have kept this blog going...
The purpose of this has really been a place for my own thoughts, consolidating links and mucking about trialling software. I had great intentions of being far more involved with it, however the reality of a one year degree got in the way... and I discovered Delicious which is so much more efficient for links management.
I'm not writing to an audience (because that happens on the official Uni website), it's been a hodge-podge journal of bits & pieces but it certainly has helped - especially when it came to practising embedding html codes, a place to pop the little movie I made for my podcast and the wordles.
So it has been useful, though possibly could have been more so if I had spent more time on it. I still think blogs are an excellent tool and it is something I would definitely like to try with an actual class.
There's a couple of us who want to keep in touch and share ideas as we go forward as beginning science teachers. I think that should probably be the focus of the next blog or wiki or adventure in the world of web2.0. That will open up the conversation...
No comments:
Post a Comment